- Whitehaven Golf Club us committed to the principles of equality and diversity throughout its workforce, throughout its membership base and customers.
- Whitehaven Golf Club considers that everyone should play their part in making golf inclusive and aims to ensure that all people, irrespective of their background, ability or Protected Characteristics, have a genuine and equal opportunity to work at the club, become a member and participate in club life.
- Whitehaven Golf Club will embed these values in all areas of its work.
- Whitehaven Golf Club will not disadvantage any individual, whether they are participants, contractors, players, parents, coaches, officials, and volunteers by imposing any conditions or requirements which cannot be justified in the provision of its service.
- Whitehaven Golf Club is also committed to supporting the rights and interests of those who it employs.
- The policy will be reviewed at least every 3 years by the Governing Committee. Any amendments shall be effective from the date stated.
- The purpose of this policy is to:
2.1.1 outline the obligations of those upon whom this Policy is binding;
2.1.2 promote fairness, equality, diversity and respect for everyone working, volunteering, or participating in the sport of golf, or otherwise using the services of Whitehaven Golf Club.
- Legislative Framework
- Whitehaven Golf Club is committed to complying with all relevant legislation enacted or amended from time to time which underpins the principles of equality, diversity, and inclusivity, including but not limited to:
- The Equality Act 2010
- The Protection from Harassment Act 1997
- The Employment act 2002
- The Part Time Workers (Prevention of Less Favourable Treatment) Regulations 2000
- The Fixed Term Employees (Prevention of Less Favourable Treatment) Regulations 2002 and
- The Human Rights Act 1998.
This policy shall apply to, and be binding upon Whitehaven Golf Club, its Governing Committee, staff, volunteers, contractors, squad players, agents and representatives working or acting for or on behalf on Whitehaven Golf Club.
- Policy Implementation
- Whitehaven Golf Club will:
5.1.2 Encourage the involvement of all people regardless of background, ability, or any Protected Characteristics in golf;
5.1.3 Ensure that all competitions, events and activities administered by Whitehaven Golf Club are carried out in a fair and equitable way (except where specific situations and conditions prevent this, and except where Positive Action is necessary);
5.1.4 Monitor and review all Whitehaven Golf policies and procedures to ensure that they comply with the requirements of the Policy;
5.1.5 Monitor the diversity of its members, participants, players and volunteers in order to better understand the diversity that currently exists within Whitehaven Golf Club. All such monitoring of personal data shall be undertaken in compliance with England Golf’s Data Protection Policy and the Data Protection Act 2018.
5.1.6 Provide appropriate training and support to all staff, contractors, officials and volunteers to raise awareness of both the collective and individual responsibilities imposed by this Policy and Key Concepts outlined in Paragraph 6 of this Policy.
- Publish this Policy on its website.
- Key Concepts
- Direct and indirect discrimination in outlined in Appendix One;
- Harassment is outlined in Appendix Two;
- Victimisation is outlined in Appendix Three;
- Whitehaven Golf Club takes seriously all claims of inappropriate behaviour, bullying, harassment, victimisation and/or discrimination, whether direct or indirect, by a contractor, player, parent, coach, official or volunteer who works for, on behalf of, or represents Whitehaven Golf Club.
- Alleged breaches of this Policy shall be dealt with using the Club’s complaints, disciplinary or staff grievance procedure as appropriate.